From skiing Aspen’s fabled slopes to toasting with Veuve Clicquot on a winter picnic, what’s more romantic than Valentine’s Day in Aspen? For ways to spend the weekend, we’ve compiled a list of our top tips for two:
1. Enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Element 47 or Ajax Tavern; or order our Valentine’s Dinner To-Go with a pre-cooked meal prepared by The Little Nell culinary team, paired with wine from our sommeliers. Each meal includes six oysters with accoutrements, lobster bisque, wagyu short ribs, creamy polenta, swiss chard, chocolate torte, plus a bottle of Ruinart Rosé and a gift of CBD face oil and serum from Antedotum.
2. Ski through the trees to the Valentine’s Shrine on Aspen Mountain (hidden in the woods on Walsh’s). Created and maintained by locals, this romantic nook is identified by pink, red and white ribbons tied to branches and a swing suspended over the snow. Brush off the seat to read a quote from Shakespeare.
3. Enjoy a winter picnic with our Veuve Clicquot backpack package. We’ve partnered with Veuve Clicquot to bring you a picnic package featuring a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and cheese and charcuterie board prepared by The Nell’s culinary team, plus a Veuve Clicquot-branded backpack, blanket and sunglasses. Available daily from 11 am – 8 pm. Place an online to-go order.
3. Allow our Clef d’Or-certified concierges to craft an itinerary for the entire day – from breakfast in bed to an adventuresome outing to fireside drinks in the newly renovated Living Room and lobby to an en-suite massage, replete with flower petals from your door to the treatment table.
4. Request room service at The Little Nell, offered 24/7 and to make it even more romantic, be sure to be home when The Little Nell Bar Cart comes rolling by your suite or residence. Offering the ultimate in convenience and a nod to nostalgia, cocktails are prepared at your door made by our talented mixologists. This new delivery service is designed to bring the bar to you to enjoy signature classics in the comfort of your room, suite or residence. The Little Nell bar cart rolls through the hotel and residences nightly at 4 pm and 5 pm respectively, announced with the sound of a cheerful melody coming down the hall and a ring of your doorbell to ask if we can make you a drink of your choosing. Cheers!
5. Pose for a photo in our romantically-adorned two-seat chairlift just outside of the hotel. For Valentine’s Weekend, Aspen Branch and The Little Nell are decorating it with pink and red flowers for the perfect holiday photo op! Be sure to tag @thelittlenell @aspenbranch #nellstyle so we can see and share on Instagram.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Love, The Little Nell.