Temperatures are cooling and leaves are falling. We all know what that means – winter is coming. The Little Nell’s Skiing and Winter Adventures offer a variety of activities for all types of guests. Want to be the first skier down the mountain? Learn to operate a snowcat? We’ve got all that and more. Start planning your winter vacation now with our top five adventures this season.
1. Snowcat Academy. For those who want more than to simply ride in a snowcat, this is your opportunity to learn how to command one. With wrap-around windows for ultimate visibility and expert instruction, you’ll get to operate this snow machine, laying lines of corduroy.
2. First Tracks on Ajax. Guests of The Little Nell gain exclusive access to ride the Silver Queen Gondola at 8 am, an hour before it opens to the public. Start your day with top to bottom runs on freshly groomed corduroy, or if you’re lucky, in waist-deep powder. First Tracks is limited to intermediate and advanced skiers and open to guests 18+.
3. Snowcat Powder Tours. Few seats in Aspen are as coveted as those on The Little Nell Powder Cat. Reserve yours and you’ll have a powder day to yourself (well, with up to 11 others) on the backside of Aspen Mountain. Each tour averages 10-12 untracked runs on a blank canvas of intermediate to expert terrain, followed by an intimate late lunch at a wood stove-heated cabin in the heart of the Elk Mountains. The cabin comes complete with a complimentary chair massage therapist who will relax your muscles after your exhilarating backcountry workout.
4. Groom the Mountain. Ride shotgun in one of Aspen Snowmass’ state-of-the-art grooming snowcats and learn from the pros how to form those perfect corduroy lines all the way down the mountain. Take in the sunset views of downtown Aspen from a seat in the “Bison 350” model Prinoth snowcat, alongside one of Aspen Mountain’s snow cat drivers.
5. Sweep the Mountain with Ski Patrol. Ever dreamed you could have Aspen Mountain all to yourself? Now’s your chance. As part of Patrol’s safety measures, they must “sweep” the mountain every night to make sure everyone is safely down and everything is in order. You’ll join these pros to get a behind-the-scenes look at how they put the mountain to bed at the end of each day.
Reservations for these activities are strongly recommended and can be arranged with our Ski Concierge Team. Please call 970.920.615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.