From the summit of Aspen Mountain and throughout our hotel downtown, The Little Nell offers an array of spectacular settings for weddings – each one unique and tailored to the happy couple’s personal style.
To that end, our events team is always on the lookout for what’s new and creative on the wedding front. They attend Bridal Fashion Week in New York City, gala events in Los Angeles, and a variety of other industry gatherings throughout the year, sharing the innovative ideas they discover with clientele. Below, they’ve provided their top five wedding trends for Summer 2015, which are also featured on our Pinterest page:
1) Florals are very big this season and we don’t mean arrangements. Taking inspiration from the Rockefeller Gardens and this month’s Chelsea Flower Show, floral prints are being used for bridesmaids’ dresses (such as this one by designer Romona Kevesa), pre-wedding robes for the bridal party (we love these by Pretty Plum Sugar), on invitations, place cards and even edible floral ice cubes.
2) Floral Walls are now being used in all aspects of the wedding as they offer detail, dimension and a unique experience for the eye. It’s much more unique, interesting and detailed to cover a blank wall than the typical pipe and drape that’s long been in fashion. We started seeing these in paper at The Knot Gala at Bridal Fashion Week last fall and they have been popping up ever since. This summer at The Little Nell, we’re even installing a living wall in our courtyard that will debut in June.
3) Bridal Crowns make you feel like a princess on your wedding day. We have seen these in a floral wrapping crown for the more Bohemian bride, as well as the ultra glam, tall and statement jeweled pieces.
4) Boho Chic Weddings are all the rage with Bohemian patterns for table linens, pillows, throw blankets and invitations. With Coachella’s spring festival fashion craze and a bridal line introduced by Calypso St. Barth’s (who opened a boutique in Aspen this past year), it’s a hippie bride’s paradise.
5) Ombre Floral first appeared in hair, clothing and interiors and now it’s popping up in flowers. With a watercolor feel, ombre is a simple progression of colors in the same color palette, fading from lighter shades to dark. Its effect gives off an eye-catching appearance.
To plan your wedding with The Little Nell, please contact us via email or by calling 970.920.6382.