Our pastry kitchen is busy today making lots of sweets for our sweet guests. One favorite item of Pastry Chef Danielle Riesz is the truffle pop. Make them for the ones you love or for yourself… you won’t be disappointed with these show stoppers!
What you’ll need for the truffles:
200 g Heavy Cream
8 ounces Trimolene (purchase at specialty store or online)
280 g Chocolate
40 g Liquor of your choice
As needed: Cocoa Powder
1. Bring the cream to a boil
2. Whisk in the trimoline and bring back to a boil.
3. Pour over the chocolate and liquor.
4. Whisk until smooth and pour into a hotel pan (a long flat-bottomed pan of 12″ x 20″ size) to set overnight with plastic wrap directly on top.
5. Scoop balls (using a melon baller or small scoop) and roll into cocoa powder.
6. Keep airtight and cool in the refrigerator until ready to dip into assorted toppings.
What you’ll need for the dip:
2 bars of dark or white couveture of your preference (couveture is a high quality chocolate that has extra cocoa butter)
36 White Candy Sticks
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave
2. Push candy sticks into truffle balls. Prepare a bowl with sugar in it to hold sticks upright.
3. Dip truffle balls into chocolate, let drip, then sick straight up into bowl of sugar so they are standing up straight.
4. Continue to dip all the truffle balls. To decorate, immediately place toasted nuts, coffee beans or chocolate chips on the top of the ball with the chocolate, or stripe them with chocolate.
5. Keep refrigerated until served. Note: Makes 36 truffle pops!