Perfect Spicy Winter Cocktail
We love winter, but honestly, we can get a little bored with the standard hot beverages of the season. We like to spice things up with our element 47 Powderhound cocktail, which uses a bit of restrained heat to warm you up on the coldest of powder days in Aspen/Snowmass. Here’s how to make this puppy at home…
• 1 oz Mell Vodka (made in Colorado, but any high-quality vodka will do)
• 1 oz Averna Amaro Liqueur
• 1/2 oz Pomegranate juice
• 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz simple syrup
• Dash orange bitters and Dash of cayenne maple syrup*
• 20% cayenne pepper/80% sugar half rim
* For maple syrup, take a cup of maple syrup and add 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper. Let infuse for a week. Then add a spoonful for each cocktail into the mixing glass and shake well.
Add all ingredients except bitters into a mixing glass, shake well, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Finish with a dash of orange bitters.
Garnish: cayenne/sugar half rim, lemon twist